- Imagine being confident enough to start a piece of writing with the phrase “It has become fashionable to…”.
- “It has become fashionable to deride the effectiveness of British intelligence networks.”
- “It has become fashionable to treat speculation about the return of Concorde with a kind of eye-rolling disdain.”
- It speaks of an intimidating level of insider knowledge, and makes it seem that you are about to provide the authoritative take on whether or not Concorde will ever come back.
- You have to know what you are about, in order to feel comfortable with that opening. You have to have eyes on the ground.
- Usually, I would shy away from such an open declaration of insider knowledge, because I would expose myself to accusations of charlatanism.
- I do, however, feel entirely confident in making the following statement: It has recently become fashionable to include the ever-growing popularity of astrology in wider discussions of how in the toilet the world is.
- I know this to be true.
- As astrology has become more popular, we have seen a truly unfortunate corresponding increase in articles talking about WHY astrology has become more popular.
- There’s a lot of stuff about how astrology provides succor for people in a volatile world. An anchor point etc.
- These articles tend to be vague, defensive, highly subjective, and exceptionally limited in terms of considering things like global access to the internet and the fact that not everyone in this world is a 28-year old American woman.
- What I have to say to articles like this is: Mate, who cares.
- Mate, mate, mate, you can love astrology if you want and you don’t need to give a reason.
- If you did need a reason, however, then look no further than today’s date.
- Grace Kelly was born on this day, as was Charles Manson, Tonya Harding, Anne Hathaway, and Russell Westbrook.
- Happy Birthday to you all.
- You are all very famous, and very determined, and in one way or another, notorious for keeping an eye on the prize.
- You may discuss amongst yourselves whether you believe this to be a coincidence or not.
- I don’t think it is.
- I think it is because you are all Scorpios, and as potent an argument for astrology as anyone could hope to come up with.
- Happy birthday once again to you all.
The absurdities of our global economic system had arrived, via mysteriously luxurious Trojan food cart, in my neighborhood.
Whatever one may think of "the American Dream" the phrase is, in its original meaning, an egalitarian dream.
Have you ever had anyone over for dinner? Then you have tasted what it is to be Caesar!