- Your Wikipedia entry reads like if Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels-era Guy Richie decided to write a poem.
- What a weird time in the culture that was. (1998-2002ish, I mean.)
- Everyone was sort of fetishising like “eel pie” and “Albion” and the idea of “scoundrels.”
- People kidding each other that it was cool to wear a hat with a feather in it and go to dog fights and think fondly of an era when people called each other “guv’nor” and did Cockney rhyming slang.
- The logical end point of that whole highly embarrassing business was Brexit, I feel, but that might be too extreme of a view.
- You, I bet, think very fondly of that time, given that you are in some ways the era’s elder stateswoman.
- I am sure people would dispute this obvious truth, but I don’t make the rules, I just point them out.
- Just look at your Wikipedia page: “Her mother was a publicist; her father was an associate of the notorious London gangsters the Kray twins.”
- The Krays are key to all this, as well you know.
- “Her father served time in prison before Kensit was born; she believed he was an antiques dealer.”
- Does this not sound like something off a Libertines album from 2001?
- “Her paternal grandfather was a robber and counterfeiter.”
- It absolutely does.
- On and on, so that one is presented with the very model of a Modern English Rascal.
- Gratefully putting that aside for one moment, you are also very famous and revered for being married to Liam Gallagher at one point, and for producing the most diabolical South African accent ever captured on film, in Lethal Weapon II.
- It’s indescribable, that accent, and not even worth making fun of, because no one ever gets a South African accent right.
- Back to Liam G.
- I wonder what your relationship is like now? I wonder why I don’t know more about it?
- It seems like it should be the kind of thing that is constantly in Hello magazine, but no. Hello magazine is mostly Meghan and Kate, Meghan and Kate, one of several Tamaras, Fergie and her sun damage, Rod Stewart’s wife, someone who used to be on Big Brother wearing a tutu and Hunter wellies, an oligarch’s daughter awkwardly astride an enormous horse, and then Meghan and Kate again.
- If it were up to me it would just be you on the cover, always, in your tutu and Hunter wellies, doing fine.
- Happy Birthday.
Popula is 100% ad-free, reader-supported journalism accountable only to you. Every dollar of your subscription goes straight to our work. Thank you for supporting Popula.
Hmm, looks like you don’t have MetaMask activated!
If you know what MetaMask is and have it installed, activate MetaMask and refresh:
If that doesn’t make sense to you, click here:
The MetaMask window should have popped up and asked if you want Popula to have access to your MetaMask. Click the ‘CONFIRM’ button.
Don’t see the MetaMask window? Click here to request it again:
You have an old version of the MetaMask extension installed. Before we can continue, you must install the latest version.
- Uninstall (don’t just disable) the existing extension from your browser.
- Restart your browser.
- Go to metamask.io and re-install the extension.
- Come back here and try again!
We know this step is inconvenient, but it’s necessary to make sure this all goes smoothly!
Your MetaMask extension is running, but for privacy purposes you have to allow us to connect to your MetaMask wallet.
You need to connect to the Main Net before you can actually tip. Click on your MetaMask icon so the window pops up, then select ‘Main Ethereum Network’ from the dropdown.
How much do you want to tip?
You can adjust either amount to see how much ETH or USD you’ll be sending.
You can adjust the tip amount in the MetaMask popup window before confirming the transaction.
Popula’s authors contribute 5% of their tips to Popula to help with the overhead of running the tipping system.
Author participation in the Popula tipping system is optional; if an author declines to participate in the tipping system, your tip will be refunded to you in full within 60 days.
Your MetaMask window has popped up now, and you need to confirm the transaction.
Hit that ‘CONFIRM’ button to make it happen!
Did you reject the transaction by accident? Want to adjust your tip amount? Click here:
Maybe you’re not quite comfortable with this yet?
That transaction didn’t go through for some reason.
Try clicking on the MetaMask button in your browser bar (looks like this: ) and see if you have any transactions listed at the bottom of the popup. If you don’t see the tip you just tried to leave, then try again:
Or just want to ask us about it? We’ look into it personally for you.
Thank you so much for your tip, and for your direct support of journalism. The author will appreciate it a lot, and so do all of us at Popula.
Want a receipt?
To see your transaction logged in MetaMask, click the MetaMask button in your browser toolbar—this one: —and your transaction will be listed in the popup.
You can also track the transaction on the Etherscan website. It usually takes under a minute to process, and you’ll get a notification from MetaMask when it’s done.Track on Etherscan
If you have any questions at all, please let us know!
All set?Home to Popula, please!
We know this cryptocurrency stuff is new and weird. We’re here to help you understand. Ask us email@example.com
ETH is Ether, a popular cryptocurrency generated on the Ethereum blockchain.
You’ll need some Ethereum cryptocurrency (ETH) in a MetaMask wallet in order to tip an author. Currently it’s not possible to tip in other cryptocurrencies, or in dollars or other fiat currencies.
For a comprehensive FAQ to help get you started, please visit our help page, “How to Tip Your Favorite Authors with Cryptocurrency on Popula!”
If you have any questions at all, please let us know!