- It doesn’t seem like you are friends, which is perhaps something to reconsider as you both forge ahead into 2019.
- You are both shaking your heads right now and saying, “As for me, I could never form a meaningful friendship with that man; we are so different it is laughable.”
- Nicolas Cage, you are thinking: “Renner is too, I guess ‘basic’ is the word?”
- Jeremy Renner, you are thinking, “Why does he seem like he wishes he was a troubadour, and what happened in his life that he thinks troubadours are cool?”
- You are both correct, in your own inimitable ways, but this shouldn’t be an obstacle in your path to friendship. You have so much in common! The fact that you are born on the same day is really just the beginning.
- Both of you have that sincerely bonkers and unpredictable Capricorn energy, which is made even more wild and bewildering by the fact that you do not ever think you are doing anything strange.
- Nicolas Cage, you appear to have accepted that the public thinks you are a markedly weird man, but I feel that deep down you believe yourself to be an average joe, even in a sort of “legal definition of a reasonable man” way.
- Renner, part of your brand is being sort of normal, but you have that slightly maniacal glint in your eye that makes me believe you would come to an awards ceremony on a horse or suddenly start believing that milk gives you tuberculosis, stuff like that.
- Next, many of the basic facts of both of your lives are genuinely startling.
- Jeremy Renner, you are one of seven children.
- Your dad ran a bowling alley. This is not startling, exactly, but if I was your friend and I was talking about you to one of my other friends, I would certainly mention it. It’s noteworthy. Are you good at bowling as a result? Does the smell and atmosphere of bowling alleys make you feel happy or sad?
- Nicolas Cage, there are a lot of odd things about you, many facts which fuel the Nicolas Cage is a Markedly Strange Man industry. You are related to a proliferating number of Coppolas. You once sued Kathleen Turner for falsely insinuating that you stole a dog. You named your child after Superman. You LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to shop. You probably think all this is totally standard.
- Finally and perhaps most significantly, you are both Polarising figures.
- Jeremy Renner, a friend of mine once jerked back violently in her chair at the mention of your name, and said that you were this generation’s most fuckable man.
- There are many people who feel equally violently about you, but in the other direction.
- Same with you, Nicolas Cage.
- People struggle to be neutral about either of you.
- I feel like if either of you moved to a village in a remote part of France, the villagers would either spontaneously arise to celebrate your coming, or collectively decide to expel you immediately on some wooden logs.
- This is not a criticism of either of you.
- Happy Birthday.
Popula is 100% ad-free, reader-supported journalism accountable only to you. Every dollar of your subscription goes straight to our work. Thank you for supporting Popula.
Hmm, looks like you don’t have MetaMask activated!
If you know what MetaMask is and have it installed, activate MetaMask and refresh:
If that doesn’t make sense to you, click here:
The MetaMask window should have popped up and asked if you want Popula to have access to your MetaMask. Click the ‘CONFIRM’ button.
Don’t see the MetaMask window? Click here to request it again:
You have an old version of the MetaMask extension installed. Before we can continue, you must install the latest version.
- Uninstall (don’t just disable) the existing extension from your browser.
- Restart your browser.
- Go to metamask.io and re-install the extension.
- Come back here and try again!
We know this step is inconvenient, but it’s necessary to make sure this all goes smoothly!
Your MetaMask extension is running, but for privacy purposes you have to allow us to connect to your MetaMask wallet.
You need to connect to the Main Net before you can actually tip. Click on your MetaMask icon so the window pops up, then select ‘Main Ethereum Network’ from the dropdown.
How much do you want to tip?
You can adjust either amount to see how much ETH or USD you’ll be sending.
You can adjust the tip amount in the MetaMask popup window before confirming the transaction.
Popula’s authors contribute 5% of their tips to Popula to help with the overhead of running the tipping system.
Author participation in the Popula tipping system is optional; if an author declines to participate in the tipping system, your tip will be refunded to you in full within 60 days.
Your MetaMask window has popped up now, and you need to confirm the transaction.
Hit that ‘CONFIRM’ button to make it happen!
Did you reject the transaction by accident? Want to adjust your tip amount? Click here:
Maybe you’re not quite comfortable with this yet?
That transaction didn’t go through for some reason.
Try clicking on the MetaMask button in your browser bar (looks like this: ) and see if you have any transactions listed at the bottom of the popup. If you don’t see the tip you just tried to leave, then try again:
Or just want to ask us about it? We’ look into it personally for you.
Thank you so much for your tip, and for your direct support of journalism. The author will appreciate it a lot, and so do all of us at Popula.
Want a receipt?
To see your transaction logged in MetaMask, click the MetaMask button in your browser toolbar—this one: —and your transaction will be listed in the popup.
You can also track the transaction on the Etherscan website. It usually takes under a minute to process, and you’ll get a notification from MetaMask when it’s done.Track on Etherscan
If you have any questions at all, please let us know!
All set?Home to Popula, please!
We know this cryptocurrency stuff is new and weird. We’re here to help you understand. Ask us email@example.com
ETH is Ether, a popular cryptocurrency generated on the Ethereum blockchain.
You’ll need some Ethereum cryptocurrency (ETH) in a MetaMask wallet in order to tip an author. Currently it’s not possible to tip in other cryptocurrencies, or in dollars or other fiat currencies.
For a comprehensive FAQ to help get you started, please visit our help page, “How to Tip Your Favorite Authors with Cryptocurrency on Popula!”
If you have any questions at all, please let us know!